So, I think we can all agree that a brief update is long over due. Here is what I have been up to:
1. Picking my nose(ha, no not really)
2. Got myself a JOB! I am now a part of the
3. Nursing my poor, aching tootsies. I some how hurt them running. I am not sure how. But, figured instead of further injuring them, I had better rest them as much as possible in between working. I am also fairly confidant that I suffer from Morton's Toe and plan on getting this looked at, in the near future.
4. Alas, it is a new school year for my daughter which brings upon us new expectations, challenges, quirks, and the dreaded
5. My lovey's work schedule does not mesh with my running routine. Hmm...
6. A case of the lazies took over. NO EXCUSES! (right?) Hey, it happens. No need to beat myself up. I just need to get with it. And go for a run! Now, that fall is upon us, and the air feels loads thinner, I can feel my motivation creeping back in.
That's it. I do not have enough reasons to make it an even 10. I apologize from the bottom of my squishy, blood-filled heart if you suffer from OCD and find this insufferable. However, to my surprise I have toned up a little bit despite my lack of running-around-in-circles. Those who know me well, know that I prefer not to use the weigh scale to measure success. I prefer the measuring tape (I highly recommend this method if you are trying to lose some inches).
Here are my results:
May 2012 June 2012 September 2012
Hips 35.5 inches 35 inches 33.5 inches
Waiste 29 & 3/4 inches 29 inches 28 inches
Butt 36 inches 36 inches 35.5 inches
Chest 38 inches 36 inches 36 inches
Bicep 12 inches 10 inches 10 inches
Thigh (Upper) 21.5 inches 21 inches 20.5 inches
Bulge (May) N/A (June) 34.5 inches (July) 33.5 inches (Sept) 33 inches
Total Inches Lost (drum roll please) : 10 inches !!!
(give or take a smidgen, my math is terrible lol please correct me if I am way off. Mind you, I could use a calculator, but, I am not over this couch potato thing just yet haha)
I have continued to eat healthy while not running. I cut out pop & juice all together. I lessened the amount of sugar I put in my coffee. I watch my portions at meal times, especially with pasta. Which I eat less of. I also stopped snacking so much after 7pm. I rarely eat candy, but I do treat myself to dark chocolate once a month (lol right ladies?) You can check out the health benefits here and STOP feeling so guilty! (you're welcome).
Although, I do have one major weakness which consists of Tostitos and Salsa with melted cheese and sour creme lol (cringe). I increased my water intake, as well as fruits and veggies. I
Occasionally I will have an egg, bacon (2 slices), and 1 piece of toast. (with a glass of milk, of course! lol). I have even prepared a salad for breakfast lol. I am weird like that.
The other thing I do religiously while
Anywhoo, I hope you enjoyed this blogger update. I will be posting new ideas for your running playlists, or listening pleasure, in my next post. So, you can look forward to that.
Happy running, everyone!!
~ The Restless Runner